Search the blog
Calendar of posts
Jane Davies on Speech Heartland Washington Ma… catweazle666 on Speech Heartland Washington Ma… Ex-expat Colin on The 12th International Confere… Richard111 on Speech Heartland Washington Ma… KennieD on Speech Heartland Washington Ma…
- Speech Heartland Washington March 23rd
- Beware of “Smart Meters”
- Coal mining vs. Fracking: a comparison
- Does Israel have a “right to exist”?
- Political Correctness strikes at the National Trust
- Climate Change - the other side of the story
- Circus Circus!
- Cutting off our nose to spite our face
- Save our homes in Springfield Park!
- Visual Intrusion
- 896,158 hits
- Add new tag Air fares Alan Johnson Al Gore Animal Welfare banking BBC betrayal Broughton Astley Brussels C02 Cameron campaign CAP capitalism Carbon Climate Change CO2 Constitution Copenhagan Credit Crunch Croatia David Cameron David Davis Education Elections emissions trading Energy Energy Security Environment EPP EU EU Presidency Europe Freedom Zone Free Speech Galileo Georgia Global Warming GM Food gordon brown Greenpeace Gurkhas Lib Dems Liberal Democrats Lisbon McCain Monetary Union No Campaign Obama OfCom Oil Peer reviewed papers pesticides Philip Lardner Politics Show Refereendum Referendum Renewables resignation roger helmer Russia Sarah Palin Sarkozy smoking Stem Cell Research St George's Day Tax The Freedom Zone Tobacco UKIP USA Vice President windfall tax
Monthly Archives: August 2012
The Sunday Telegraph on Aug 26th led with the story that convicted Al Qaeda terrorists were appealing against their (UK) convictions to the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) in Strasbourg — a building I can almost see from my … Continue reading
Last Saturday night (or rather the first hour of Sunday) I was doing the papers review with Sunny Hundal of the leftist blog Liberal Conspiracy on BBC Radio Five Live. That’s the Stephen Nolan Show, although Nick Conrad was standing in … Continue reading
There was a letter in the paper today: “Dear Sir, Anders Breivik should be put to death: not to deter others, but because he deserves it”. I am inclined to agree, but I’d add that hanging him would also be … Continue reading
We all know, of course, that the EU is barking. But sometimes, just sometimes, we come across some odd fact or snippet or report so extreme, so bizarre, that it still has the power to shock. Something so absurd, so … Continue reading
There are still people who assume that anyone who questions climate orthodoxy is clearly in the pay of “Big Oil”, and receives regular brown envelopes stuffed with used notes. The truth, of course, is quite the reverse. In his book … Continue reading
Last night (or rather, this morning — between midnight and one o’clock) I was doing the newspaper review on the Stephen Nolan Show on BBC Radio 5 Live. The second reviewer was John Cooper QC, a left-wing barrister. I’ve been … Continue reading