Search the blog
Calendar of posts
- My final speech in Strasbourg – Two-seat parliament a perfect metaphor for the hubris and futility of EU project
- The European parliament: an apology
- COP21 climate agreement: An eye-watering amount of money for virtually no return
- £100,000 mis-spent?
- EU energy labelling: confusing consumers and creating problems for industry
Sheila White on The European parliament: an… vanorman2016 on The European parliament: an… Mike Maunder on The European parliament: an… clairethinker on The European parliament: an… Ian Terry on My final speech in Strasbourg…
- Beware of “Smart Meters”
- Coal mining vs. Fracking: a comparison
- Arc Manche: The thin end of the wedge
- The physics of a boiling kettle - my question to the commission!
- A Great Conference -- especially on the fringe
- Energy policy – time for a new look?
- Post-Referendum Debrief June 30th
- Watch out for the food police!
- ‘Consensus’? What ‘consensus’?
- Britain: Closed for Business?
- 914,381 hits
- Add new tag
- Air fares
- Alan Johnson
- Al Gore
- Animal Welfare
- Broughton Astley
- Climate Change
- Credit Crunch
- David Cameron
- David Davis
- emissions trading
- Energy Security
- EU Presidency
- Freedom Zone
- Free Speech
- Global Warming
- GM Food
- gordon brown
- Lib Dems
- Liberal Democrats
- Monetary Union
- No Campaign
- Peer reviewed papers
- Philip Lardner
- Politics Show
- roger helmer
- Sarah Palin
- Stem Cell Research
- St George's Day
- The Freedom Zone
- Vice President
- windfall tax
Monthly Archives: June 2017
“Signing the retirement documents in the European parliament with Secretary-General Klaus Welle on May 31st”. I find myself in the rather unusual position of having to offer an apology to the European parliament, following the Guardian story “MEP resigns amid … Continue reading
Today (June 14th) the Guardian carries a report that the European parliament proposes to demand £100,000 from me for staff expenses which were allegedly mis-spent. Naturally I have had many media bids from journalists who want more information. And I’ve … Continue reading
Discussing Donald Trump and the Climate Deal on the Stephen Nolan Show. Click here. Just under three hours in.
There is a legitimate parallel to be drawn between the IRA and ISIL (or ISIS, or Daesh, or whatever we’re calling it this week). Indeed I have cited the parallel myself. We should be careful to recognise that while most … Continue reading
BBC Radio 4 World At One on Donald Trump and climate change – 13 minutes in